1. Paper Specifications
Regular Papers: 10 Pages, including all figures, tables and references
(No extra pages allowed)
Short Papers: 4 Pages, including all figures, tables and references
(No extra pages allowed)
2. Important Deadlines
Camera-Ready Paper Deadline: Final paper is due by August 15, 2009
Copyright Deadline: A signed copyright release form is due by August 15, 2009
3. Important Information about Preparing Your Paper
The papers will be distributed through the IEEE Xplore digital library.
Therefore, all papers must meet a minimum standard for both print and electronic
We are making available, free of charge, PDF eXpress, the IEEE's online file conversion/PDF validation tool, to assist authors in preparing suitable electronic files of their final papers. PDF eXpress helps authors convert their papers into IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF files (conversion function) or to check their own PDF files for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF validation function).
PDF eXpress is not a file submission system and does not capture files. An author's file simply passes through the system returning a PDF file or an error report.
After using PDF eXpress, you will still need to submit the IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file of your final paper later in this publication submission process (see item 8).
4. Formatting Your Paper
Your final paper MUST be formatted to IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Manuscript Formatting Guidelines 2-column format (see the link to formatting instructions below). It is highly recommended that you proofread and check the layout of your paper BEFORE submitting it to PDF eXpress.
NOTE: The new formatting guidelines will likely make your paper longer than 10 pages. If so, then you are allowed to bypass the 10 page limit.
5. PDF eXpress Online File Conversion / PDF Validation Tool
5.1 Create Your Own PDF File
If you would like to create your own PDF file, please change the setting on your PDF distiller to insure your paper meets IEEE PDF specifications.
Basic PDF distiller settings MUST be changed to:
- Acrobat 5.0 or later (but not Acrobat 9) compatible
- All graphics must be at least 300 dpi resolution (higher if preferred)
- All fonts MUST be embedded and subset
- Postscript settings DO NOT override distiller settings
- Page size is 8.5" x 11"
Full details can be downloaded from the IEEE.
Important: Authors must check their final PDF files before submission to verify that all fonts have been properly embedded and subset. Some font manufacturers now flag their fonts not to embed. These fonts must be avoided.
5.2 Use PDF eXpress to produce and/or validate PDF
PDF eXpress converts the following file types to PDF:
- Microsoft Word
- Word Pro
- Rich Text Format
- (La)TeX (DVI files and all support files required)*
*For documents created in formats that do not embed source files, include all support files with the final manuscript in a compressed archive for submission. If it is possible to embed images in the source document, you should do so to avoid potential issues, such as missing graphics.
5.3 PDF eXpress will be available on June 15, 2009
- Click the button to go to PDF eXpress
(PDF eXpress will open in a new browser window.)
- Click the link: "New Users - Click here" and fill in your information.
- Conference ID: esem09x
- You will receive an email confirming the successful creation of your account.
- Upload either your source file or PDF file for Conversion and/or PDF Checking
- Use PDF eXpress to obtain an IEEE Explore-compatible PDF file.
- The site contains extensive instructions, resources and helpful hits.
- Through your PDF eXpress account, you may submit your source application files for conversion to PDF, and/or submit PDFs for checking.
- You will have the opportunity to revise your submission if you are not satisfied with the PDF that PDF eXpress creates for you, or if the system finds problem with your paper, or if your PDF fails the PDF Check.
- Technical support via email and telephone is available if you experience trouble creating your PDF.
- If there is a problem with your file, you will receive an e-mail detailing the problem(s). Otherwise, the system will e-mail you a copy of your IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your editor or the IEEE PDF help desk at PDFsupport@ieee.org. If you have technical questions regarding PDF eXpress Web site, please contact the PDF eXpress support staff at email@example.com.
6. File Name
7. Copyright Release
Please fill out and submit the following form to access the IEEE Electronic Copyright Form (eCF) system. The eCF system allows you to
complete and sign the copyright release form. You must complete the IEEE copyright release form using the eCF system in order for your paper
to appear in the proceedings. The copyright relase form must be completed before submitting your paper.
8. Paper Submission
Final paper should be emailed to to firstname.lastname@example.org
PRIOR to emailing your final paper, please ensure you have performed the following actions:
9. ReprintsReprints may be ordered using the form that can be accessed by the link below.
For any questions or problems with this submission form, please contact Jeffrey Carver at email@example.com.